COVID-19 Policy and Regulations
BENCH BREWING COMPANY - PROOF OF VACCINATION POLICY
Effective September 22, 2021, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses Health Canada approved vaccines - plus 14 days since final dose) and provide their proof of vaccination along with proof of ID to dine indoors anywhere at Bench Brewing. This includes the taproom, boardroom, funk side dining and yurt.
Is this the law?
- Yes – as per section 2.1 of Schedule 1 to O. Reg. 364/20: Rules for Areas at Step 3 and at the Roadmap Exit Step (O. Reg. 364/20) under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020 (ROA) to require each patron who enters an area of the premises to provide, at the point of entry, proof of identification and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The specified businesses or organizations must comply with this guidance document, pursuant to section 2.1(4) of Schedule 1 of O. Reg. 364/20. https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulations/200364
What must be presented in order to dine indoors?
- A proof of vaccination record (printed or PDF on your smartphone)
- A piece of ID that matches the name on your vaccination record
What does it mean to be vaccinated?
- The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines, or
- One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada
- A minimum of 14 days must pass from the date of your final vaccination
Who needs to show proof of vaccine?
- Anyone 12 years of age or older that is coming to dine indoors
What if I’m not vaccinated?
- Unfortunately, without proof of vaccine, you are not able to dine inside however we offer alternate forms of service.
- You will be offered service in an outdoor dining area
- You can order take-out
- Guests dining on the patio will still have access to the indoor washrooms while observing the mask and social distancing guidelines.
Will those with medical exemptions be permitted to dine indoors?
- No, regardless of reason, those without proof of full vaccination will not be admitted to indoor dining. Patio dining and take-out are two alternate options.
Do I need to be vaccinated in order to shop at the Pop-Up Shop?
- Vaccination is not required to shop at Bench Brewing. Masks must still be worn in the shop and social distancing should be observed, regardless of vaccination status
OFFICIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR GUESTS CHECKING IN TO THE TAPROOM AND PATIO
As outlined by Niagara Public Health section 22
- Each guest over the age of 16 must provide their name and one form of contact (phone number, email, or physical address) for contact tracing purposes
- Attest that they are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, excluding those from a chronic non-contagious existing diagnosis by completing a brief screening survey
- All guests over the age of 12 that are dining indoors must show proof of vaccination along with proof of ID